Damage claims

How to file a claim from damage sustained from February winter storm

Stock image of insurance and claims filesEquipment and other items that sustained damage from the recent winter storm and its effects – such as water damage from burst pipes – may be reimbursable through UNT’s insurance.

Even if you are replacing needed items immediately, please use the following steps to ensure the university and your area are reimbursed through insurance.

  • Collect a list of damaged items, along with any photo evidence.
  • Determine the point of contact in your area for all insurance claims communications. Make sure to include your department budget officer.
  • Email the information above, along with your department’s name and building location to UNT’s Insurance and Claims Assistant Director Crystal Daniels, Crystal.Daniels@unt.edu.

Several areas on campus have sustained damage so the university expects an insurance adjuster will be making a visit soon.  Risk Management Services’ Insurance and Claims staff will keep in touch with your point of contact about next steps.

Please note, Facilities should continue to be a point of contact for areas in need of repairs due to winter weather damage. Facilities staff has been working on known plumbing and heating issues, but if there is something still damaged in your area you can contact them to submit at work order by calling 940-565-2700.