The 2020 staff performance evaluation was postponed in spring as a result of the pandemic situation. An abbreviated fall midyear review will be conducted for all staff hired on or before July 31, 2020, utilizing the new electronic format.
HR continues to upgrade the PeopleAdmin System used to maintain position data, post jobs and screen job candidates. It is now time to implement a new module, “Performance Management,” to allow for electronic processing of UNT staff performance evaluations, beginning with the Fall 2020 midyear review. The new Performance Management module system will be live for the midyear review, which will be held from September 15 through November 15, 2020. The system will be open to supervisors on September 15.
During the midyear review, supervisors should adjust and reset goals for staff, which will be evaluated in spring. We recognize that some positions were greatly impacted by the onset of the pandemic necessitating a shift in priorities and goals beginning in March, which may require that goals be updated.
Faculty evaluations will continue to be processed in the Faculty Information System (FIS).
Goals for this new module include
- transitioning from paper evaluations to an electronic system that more accurately tracks review processes, dates, and scores
- creating a more efficient and less manual evaluation process
- improving employee and supervisor experiences in the evaluation process
- maintaining a central location for storage of employee goals, position responsibilities, competencies (where utilized), performance notes, and evaluation results
Training Information for Supervisors
Training will be available in September to transition to the use of the new system for midyear review and will also include training regarding effective goal setting. All training will be conducted in a virtual format. Dates for live, virtual training are listed below and you must register through UNT World Learning.
September 8 10:00-11:00 am
September 9 2:30-3:30 pm
September 14 10:30-11:30 am
September 16 2:00-3:00 pm
In addition, pre-recorded, on-demand training will be available for access at any time through UNT World Learning. For details regarding on-demand training, user guides, FAQs, and other resource information, please visit: https://hr.untsystem.edu/performance-management. Additional training will be announced for November regarding preparations for the full evaluation cycle for spring.
New functionality info
- Supervisors can access review information for all direct reports in one location, including status of all evaluation steps.
- Second-level and higher managers (department heads, Vice Presidents, etc.) can access review information for all employees within their organizational structure.
- Automatic notifications will be sent via email as program tasks open, become due, or are overdue.
- Progress notes and attachments can be easily stored within the system.
If you have questions, please contact Human Resources Compensation and Performance Management at HRComp@untsystem.edu or 1-855-878-7650, option 6.